First, the good news – Atomos has issued a firmware update for the Ninja V allowing ProRes RAW recording via HDMI. Here are the details:
ProRes RAW Recording: – 4.2k
• Uncropped metadata mode 4264 x 2408 at 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p • Cropped metadata mode 4240 x 2385 at 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p , 50p, 59.94p
The Metadata crop provides a simple way to transform the RAW data to a 16: 9 aspect ratio that closely represents the internally recorded 4K UHD files.
– 12bit Log
• 16bit linear converted to 12bit Log (visually lossless process)
ProRes and DNX Recording:
– 4KUHD (3840x2160p) recording at 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p – HD (1920x1080p) recording at 23.98p, 25p, 29.97p, 50p, 59.94p
– HD interlaced (1920x1080i) at 50i, 59.94i
– Video output of the camera is 10-bit 422
Now for the bad news: NO WB OR ISO ADJUSTMENTS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN FINAL CUT PRO X !!!
We also do not know whether the gyro information for Catalyst Browse is in the metadata. My guess is ‘no’, since if it were, Atomos would probably brag about it. 😁